Bruton Knowles has one of the largest specialist compulsory purchase and compensation teams in the UK.
Landowners and businesses potentially affected by compulsory purchase where property or land may be acquired for development in the public interest should seek professional advice.
We can advise you from an early stage as to how best to protect your assets from the proposed scheme and secure the best settlement both financially and in mitigation to the continued use of the land once works have been completed.
How we can help you:
- Objections to compulsory purchase orders
- Appearing at Public Inquiry (if necessary)
- Advice on action to be taken prior to the service of notices
- Undertaking loss of income and loss of profit claim negotiations
- Expert Witness representation if negotiated settlement cannot be achieved
We have been actively involved in advising landowners and businesses on a wide variety of projects including road, rail, utilities and flood mitigation works.