Bruton Knowles has one of the largest specialist compulsory purchase and compensation teams in the UK.
Compulsory purchase is a vital part of any site assembly. On behalf of Acquiring and Compensation Authorities we advise on achieving and operating powers to acquire property and interests in land.
The team has unrivalled compulsory purchase experience in delivering expert advice on a wide range of major capital projects in the utilities and transportation sector. Offering comprehensive support, clients have confidence in our ability to support the delivery of projects.
How we can help you:
- Scheme management using our own bespoke software SpeedWay
- Route planning and advice on the use of powers
- Land referencing
- Advice on acquisition strategy and advanced purchase options
- Valuation of land, property and rights including Section 10 and Part 1 claims
- Stakeholder consultation
- Serving blight and purchase notices for Compulsory Purchase schemes
- Accommodation works
- Negotiation and settlement of claims
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Producing Expert Witness report at Public Inquiry and Lands Tribunal
Bruton Knowles is able to manage CPO from scheme conception through to negotiating compensation settlements. We also continually monitor and update our advice as changes to legislation become effective.